25 January 2015

I Think I'm Going to be Sick

I'm watching TV, and an ad for Jackson Hewett comes on, talking about all their offices, including about a thousand in Wal-Marts.

The background music is, I've Been Working on the Railroad, and it's sung by Pete Seeger.

Seriously, Pete Seeger, who would never do this, and must be spinning on his grave over this.

I confirmed this via a Google search, and it appears that his family licensed this use.

It's not some sort of bullsh%$ record label stealing for the artist bullsh%$.

Stop the world.  I want to get off.

I am so angry that I could chew iron and spit nails.

1 comments :

Quasit said...

I saw that ad too. I grew up listening to Pete, starting with his lullabies in the crib. Saw him in concert as a toddler, and I sing his songs to my son even now. This was beyond obscene. It is unbearable.

Post a Comment